Now for those leaking windows. I have the cabinets
out already. Before I start putting in any soft interior, I need to stop
all the leaks. I removed, cleaned and resealed all of the side windows
(6) including door.
Note: I first thought I would "really"
seal them and purchased the 3/8 window weld. It is much to heavy for this
installation. I could have used something even less than the 1/4 since
it is just a seal and not actually bonding the window. Do not use window
weld if you think you are going to replace the windows. This stuff will
not come out easy. You either have to cut it out using a piano wire or
a special tool made for removing windshields. Even with the tool, it is
one H of a job.
Big one out, ready to cleanup.
Used every plastic scraper I had in the arsenal, switched to
a larger peace of carpet after the picture because I started to get nervous
about scratching them up. The original foam seal was dry and brittle. I
was surprised they didn't leak a lot worse than they did. Must have been
the dirt clogging them up.